Friday, August 31, 2007

What a Wonderful Night!

Beverly's fundraiser last night was awesome! The testimonials given by those who have been her clients brought tears to my eyes as I considered the power of God working through the counselor-counselee relationship. I was SO proud of my wife!

Then to watch the volunteers practice such sweet servanthood. They were there from before we began to the very end. It was a sight to behold.

It is so humbling to witness how God has placed His blessing upon the counseling center. A year ago, we wouldn't have dreamed that this would be where it is. So Beverly and I are in high-praise mode today.

Thank you to any of you readers who have volunteered for or supported this ministry. Tye Lovell put it so well last night when he said that you are not just helping the client. You are affecting generations yet to be born as habits and practices that might have been passed down are reshaped by the Master. As Tye said, it will be so cool to have someone walk up to us in heaven and say, "Thanks for what you did for my granddad. It impacted my dad and me and the generations that came after me."

God is good!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Last night was a good night. It's incredible to think about what God is doing.

Unknown said...

Yes,

Last night was wonderful. I am so thankful for what the Lord is doing through you and Beverly.