Tuesday, August 21, 2007

She

She has a way of smiling with her eyes that melts my heart (no, that is not a mistake the way I wrote it).

She is the most Christlike person I have ever known (and I live with her, and know what she is like when no one is watching).

She knows just the word I need -- whether a word of encouragement or a gentle prod.

She knows how to have fun, and how to make those around her have a great time, too.

She raised three beautiful children, and continues to be the ideal mother and mother-in-law.

She has taken to grandparenting like she was made for it.

There is no one on this planet I would rather be with -- whether it's to go out to eat or travel with or sit around the house.

Her love and enthusiasm for the Lord is absolutely contageous.

Every morning I wake up thanking God that I get to spend my one life with her.

If I had one wish, it would be for more lifetimes together.

We married too young. Statistics said we wouldn't make it. If the marriage had depended on me, we wouldn't have. But she sacrificed her own desires and needs to make it work. She has made me a better man, not by nagging, etc. -- but be showing unconditional love. The Lord obviously knew what I needed.

Today marks out 31st wedding anniversary. And the love I feel today for my woman makes our wedding day in 1976 -- as beautiful as it was -- pale in comparison.

Thank you, God, for giving me this incredible woman to journey with toward eternity.

7 comments:

Jeff said...

Congratulations to both of you for 31 years and living in the Lord.

Bev Ross said...

I am the blessed one! Thank you for loving me so well! You are an amazing partner in this journey! I love you!

Melanie said...

Congratulations!

Amy C said...

That is so sweet! You choked me up. You guys are so cute. I also went back and checked out your beard and I must say you looked dashing. Congratulations on your 31st Wedding Anniversary. May the next 31 be doubly blessed!!!

Anonymous said...

I knew you two could do it.

I speak for the 3 kids saying that we have worked our fingers to the bone to get you two to 31 years.

The two of you are wonderful witnesses of how Christ works in marriages.

-Josh

Melissa Taylor said...

You two are a wonderful example for other couples to look up to. Your desire to serve the Lord together is a true blessing to everyone. Congrats of 31 years, and your sweet words about Beverly are obviously spoken with great love and respect. You two are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful when the Lord gives us what we need rather than what we desire? May God bless you and Beverly with many more years together in His service.