Monday, January 05, 2009

I Want to be a "Crazy" Dreamer

On Sunday nights, I am preaching through Nehemiah. Last night I closed with a story that I want to define my life more. Here it is:

In 1401, builders of the cathedral in Seville, Spain wrote, "Let us build here a church so great that those who come after us will think us mad ever to have dreamed of it."

Obviously, they were making reference to a structure -- a building. But I want this statement to define the faith community I serve. I want to be a part of a church that dreams BIG, God-sized dreams. I would love for people 50 years from now to say, "Wow. Those folks back in 2009 must have been crazy to have taken that on!"

I am praying for the Lord to lay on the hearts of His people big dreams. Dreams that, by their fulfillment, show HIM at work -- and bring Him glory.

I count myself blessed every day to be serving the church I do. We have shepherds that are interested in more than meeting the budget. They are dreaming. And next Sunday, they are going to share some of those dreams with the Body. I'm looking forward to it!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Amen.