Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Love the Mountains

The flight to Vancouver was nice. I enjoyed watching out the window once we got over the Cascade mountains -- in my opinion, the most gorgeous mountains in the Northern Hemisphere. Many are still snowcapped. I'm pretty sure I saw Mount Saint Helens.

Last night we ate at a restaurant that sits out over the water. It was cool, but not uncomfortably so. As the sun was setting, off in the distance we could see Mount Ranier. Wow! It stands so much higher than the others. The food was delicious.

This morning we are off for Victoria Island. It is drizzling rain this morning, so I don't know how much that will affect our day.

I love the Canadian idiosyncricies. I love to hear them say "about." It comes out more like "aboat." Interesting: I've been to Australia and Canada, and talking to them you would think you were in America -- except for every once in a while just a particular word reminds you. For instance, in Australia, instead of saying "You're welcome," they say "No worries." I guess I am digressing here.

"So, "Go-day, mate!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you have a great trip! I'm sorry I will miss you while I'm in Decatur. I'm preaching a gospel meeting at the Greenwood Church of Christ August 3-6 and thought I might be able to catch some coffee or a meal with you at some point. Maybe next time.

Hope all is well with you and your family. ---Clyde H. Slimp

jenny biz said...

Glad you guys are having fun!! Sounds like it is beautiful!

Josh Ross said...

Awesome! I'm jealous.