Wednesday, April 04, 2007

W.A.R.M.

I am working on my Wednesday night class and Sunday morning class from the house this morning. We are making the switch from DISH to DirectTV. This was prompted by my kids telling me that I am still living in the stone age since I don't have Tivo (sp?). DirectTV is scheduled to be here at 10. I am hopeful that I have made the right decision. I have been with Dish for 6-1/2 years, but they just were not willing to give me any kind of deal. To get from them what I am getting from DirectTV would cost about $30 a month more.
____________________

I have written about W.A.R.M. (Wise Area Relief Mission) before. Since I have just left my prayer group where we talked for a long time about W.A.R.M., it is still on my heart. We are in need of a new facility. We operate on a tight budget, and the current building (used to be the Church of Christ building) is ours to use for free. But it is falling down around us. It is in need of a lot of repairs, and has a mold issue as well. Please pray that the Lord will provide for this need.

Also, we could use some volunteers. This would be perfect for someone who is retired. One could volunteer for a couple of hours a week or a month. But we really need help! It is gratifying work. Mostly just stocking groceries and things of that sort. But to see how the poor are being helped gives you a good feeling.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

TiVo is a handy little thing. I still haven't seen this week's 24 yet but TiVo is saving the day for me.