Monday, April 16, 2007

No Time

Beverly had an interesting weekend. She went to Panama City, Florida for a Ladies' retreat. She was supposed to be home Saturday evening around 9. Well, the storm that came through here on Friday night hit Atlanta on Saturday night. So she was delayed several hours. She got home about 1:30 Sunday morning. Then immediately after church yesterday, she was off for Sunnyvale for a "coffee" honoring our nephew, who is graduating from high school. I think she might have caught up a little on her sleep last night. I know I did.

This time of year the pace of life is unbelievable! I don't do nearly as well with it as Beverly does. We have baby showers, weddings, graduations and birthdays every weekend until June. This weekend we go to Houston. Then next weekend we go back for Elderlink, where Beverly will be speaking. So, there will be lots of late Saturday nights coming up.

And somewhere in there -- we are going to have a grandson (another trip to Houston -- but one I can't wait to see Truit!)

Whew! I get tired just thinking about it!

When do you reach the time in life where you piddle in the yard on weekends? Or drive to some little town and look around? Or watch a movie? (Some friends lent us a movie 6 weeks ago, and we have yet to find time to watch it!) I thought that might come with empty nest, but I think we are busier now than when we had kids at home.

When you boil it all down, I guess we do what we want to do.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

My pace is too often too hectic but it is all things I think I want to do. I have an opportunity to take my son to a fun event Tuesday night and because it's time he and I are together, I jumped at it but at the same time I'm thinking it would be nice to stay home. Instead, I just go and do more and more.

Jeff White said...

Acts 17
26 Starting from scratch, he made the entire human race and made the earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living 27 so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark but actually find him. He doesn't play hide-and-seek with us. He's not remote; he's near. 28 We live and move in him,

God's promised us plenty of time.

If we find ourselves constantly running out of time...could that indicate something about what's keeping us so busy? If everything we did was in the name of Jesus and for the glory of God...would our daily calendar of events change? How does one "live in God" everyday? If we forwarded our schedule to Jesus for prior approval...what would we put on it? Just a question to stir the mind and help us think on things above.