Friday, April 06, 2007

"Good Friday"

At this very moment 1,973 years ago today -- Jesus was approaching Golgotha.

I'm saying that with some poetic license. Of course, He was in a different time zone. And there are good arguments made that "Good Friday" should be "Good Thursday" -- that Jesus was actually crucified on Thursday -- and spent three FULL days in the tomb. Could be. But I'm just offering the daily reminders as points of reflection.

So, having said that -- the transaction which paid for my sin was only hours away.
____________________

Here's some thoughts from Tozer:

But the Lord is in His holy temple. Let all the earth keep silence before Him. --Habakkuk 2:20

I think we are the busiest bunch of eager beavers ever seen in the religious world. The idea seems to be that if we are not running in a circle, breathing down the back of our own neck, we are not pleasing God!

When Jesus said, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15 KJV), Peter probably leaped to his feet and, no doubt, scooped up his hat on the way out. He was going to go right then!

But the Lord said, "Peter, come back, and 'stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high' (Luke 24:49)."

Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost. The Counselor, 95.
____________________

Looks like we might get a freeze tonight or tomorrow night! Wow. I hope our marigolds make it. We'll be at LTC.

2 comments:

jenny biz said...

I like that idea of just praying together and waiting on the Lord! I have been trying to walk Malaya through this week each day what Jesus would have been doing app.2000 years ago. It has been a learning thing for me mostly! Thanks for your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Spent an hour and a half last evening covering up tomatoes, cucumbers, and peppers. The plums and peaches, radishes and onions will have to fend for themselves.

I was reading an email thought that said essentially that the Lord gives best to those who wait on what he wills. I fight constantly against thinking I know better than God. Who would thought our salvation would come from hanging a carpenter's son on a tree?