Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Granddaughter Is Seven!

Seven years ago today, I was in Abilene -- wondering what it would be like to be a grandfather. What I learned is that no words can descibe it.

Today my first grandchild turns 7. She has truly been one of the handful of greatest blessings in my life. She is fun, smart and truly has a love for God that carries over into a love for people. And she actually thinks I am smart. Her mother says that when a discussion of history or current events comes up and they are not sure of the answer, Malaya will say, "Grampy will know."

I also love the way she can turn on her voice when she wants something: "Gray-im-pee." She can have whatever she wants.

I am proud to be her "Grampy" -- even though when she spends the night, I end up on the couch.

Tonight we will celebrate her birthday at Chili's in Keller.

It's hard to believe, but in about a month, I will have THREE grandchildren. Two boys and a girl. Life is sweet -- and I am blessed.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my sweet Malaya!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Happy Birthday Malaya!

She is such a sweet, sweet girl and we always enjoy seeing her in Decatur.

jenny biz said...

so sweet Dad! Thanks for loving her the way you do!

Bev Ross said...

Malaya, Happy Birthday! You are a precious!!!!!