Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Heading to East Texas

Beverly's dad is back in the hospital as of yesterday. So, I will be going down to Crockett today to check on him.

Also I will be trading Beverly's Honda Odyssey in for a Honda Civic. We have decided to downsize our cars and direct the savings to our retirement fund. The Odyssey is Beverly's favorite car she has ever had. So she is a little sad this morning. But I think she will look so stylin' in her Civic.

Here's the interesting part: I had wanted to get a Honda Fit. But my salesman friend from Lufkin, Texas said there is not one in the 5-state area. He has another Civic on the lot. It's a LE, which is the middle package. But it's the same color as the one I am getting for Beverly, which is an XE. So, we might be driving the same model and color car. What do you think? Is that too weird, or is it kind of romantic?

I am now on the Board of Directors for W.A.R.M. (Wise Area Relief Mission). It is a great service to our community. I spent several hours yesterday learning more about it, and am so impressed. So I will probably be telling you more about WARM over the coming months and years.

Please offer up a prayer today for Beverly's dad.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I will pray for him and for a safe journey.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Beverly's dad taking a turn for the worse; prayers offered on his behalf.

I'm glad to hear that you are on the board for WARM. This a particular interest for me and the local outreach ministry. I hope to learn more about this in the near future.

As far as the same model/color autos: I don't know about weird or romantic, but could be confusing.:)