Monday, November 26, 2007

12 Days of Christmas

It's nice to see some sunshine after several days of gloomy weather. We did need the rain, however. I hope everyone had a wonder Thanksgiving. I did.
____________________

I have spoken before in this blog about Christmas songs. So you probably know my feelings about "Little Drummer Boy." There is another song that I'm not crazy about simply because, like "Kumbaya," it seems to last forever. It's "The 12 Days of Christmas."

An article in the business section of today's Star-Telegram says that the cost of the gifts that "my true love gave to me" is $78,100 this year. Most expensive? The 9 ladies dancing. One performance would be $4,759. The 10 lords a-leaping is not far behind at $4,285. The bargain on the list is the partridge ($15).

If my "true love" is reading this, please take that money and let's invest it or pay off the cars or even take a nice trip. Other than maybe the 5 golden rings (I could pawn 4 of them), I don't see anything on the list that I can't live without. I mean really, who would get this for someone for Christmas: 8 maids a-milking?

2 comments:

Jeff said...

How many clubs can you legally carry in your golf bag? Maybe that could be one of the days.

I ordered you a Christmas CD titled "The 50 Best Renditions of the Drummer Boy." I guess I'll send it back.

Anonymous said...

Hang on to that Christmas CD - we might be missing an opportunity. Perhaps the 50 best includes an acapella version that we can add to the standard song list. dum, dum, dum . . .