Monday, June 08, 2009

Sports Tidbits

It was an interesting weekend for sports.  Three of the greatest ever in their individual sports were competing.  I personally went two for three in the outcomes I was hoping for.  

Obviously, Tiger Woods HAS TO be in anyone's discussion of the top two golfers in history.  He looked incredible yesterday as he came back from a 4-shot deficit to win.  He hit every fairway. That is scary.

Then, Andy Federer won the French Open to complete the Tennis Career Grand Slam.

Sports fans are fortunate to be living when we do to see these great careers.

The outcome I did not care for was the Lakers winning in overtime last night.  Kobe Bryant is no doubt one of the greatest basketball players of all times.  But he is not on my list of favorite athletes -- even if my list went to 10,000.  He ranks somewhere close to T. O., and any reader of my blog knows how I feel about that.  He, along with Guru Phil Jackson, cause me to root against the Lakers -- no matter who the opponent may be.

So, two for three on this weekend.
____________________

I read this morning of more proof that Jerry Jones has totally lost it.  He is actually considering bringing back Pacman Jones!  Can you believe it?

My treasured Cowboys!  You have been kidnapped, and I no longer recognize you.  

At least Nolan Ryan is making SOMETHING positive happen in the DFW sports world.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Are they still playing basketball?

When Nolan finally buys the Rangers, it will start a dynasty that makes people forget the Yankees.

OK, that may be a little over-the-top but I think Ryan has been a big piece of what we are seeing.

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry. When will you learn?