Thursday, June 04, 2009

I'm Goin' Back to Houston

Does anybody remember that song (the title of my blog)?  An old Dean Martin hit.

Today my presh (that's Beverly, short for "precious") and I are going to Houston.  My youngest son and his sweet wife's two children both have birthdays this week.  So Grammy and Grampy are going to celebrate with them.  We will be traveling with my daughter and granddaughter and my mother-in-law.

Can't wait to get there!
____________________

So far, choosing from between the great composers (Bach, Beethoven, Mozart), I would rank them just as I wrote them.  I am only a notice, but for my own personal tastes, that is the way I rank them.  I will take Randy's advice and check out a couple of others, too.  I am finding that I love strings and definitely don't care for the harpsichord.  And I'm not crazy about the pipe organ, either.    

And opera?  That will have to wait for another life.
 

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Have a great trip.

Check out Wagner's Rise of the Valkyries. I may be a bit off on the spelling but it's my favorite classical piece.

Randy Davis said...

Purely in the sense of finding the piece it would be "The Ride of the Valkyries" from Die Walkure. If you like strings Tchaikovsky's "Serenade for Strings", his vioin concerto, or Dvorak's Cello Concerto.

classical Randy