I certainly don't claim to be a sports expert. In fact, while I used to closely keep up with sports, I don't do so any more. So I am just throwing this out for fodder for you to respond:
1. Everyone seems to get caught up in March Madness. Why, oh why can't I? I can't even tell you who is left.
2. Baseball season has begun. The Rangers appear to be headed for the cellar again. Why are some teams consistently bad while other teams are consistently good? Why are some teams loaded with pitching, while other teams can't name more than a half dozen good pitchers in their past 40 years?
3. What has happened to the Mavs? Last year, they had one of the best records in NBA history. Of course we all know about their disappearing act in the playoffs. But this year, they are going to be lucky to be the 8th seed in the West. Have they lost that much? Or has the rest of the West gotten that much better? Or have they given up on Avery?
4. Jerry Jones is pursuing "Pacman" Jones. He seems to be in a one-man bidding war, because no one else seems to want the guy. Jerry appears to have a man-crush on trouble-makers (see T. O. and Tank Johnson). Would the Cowboys' acquiring Pacman be a good thing or a bad thing?
5. Next week is the most exciting tournament in golf -- the Masters. That course is what heaven must look like. It looks like every blade of grass is cut to perfection. And the azaleas are always beautiful. Does anybody want to bet against Tiger Woods?
6. Any time I write anything about golf on MY blog, I have to endure a couple of NASCAR comments. So, I might as well throw something out there about the great sport of auto racing. How many gallons of fuel will be wasted this next race as people watch cars go around in a circle?