Friday, April 25, 2008

Persistent Prayer

Dr. Moody Stuart once drew up a set of rules to guide him in his prayers. Among these rules is this one: "Pray till you pray."...

I can so relate to that. There are occasions when I "pray" that there are so many distractions that I never actually pray. Perseverance no doubt plays a large part in effective prayer.
____________________

I have added another item to my list of things I want to become. I want to be known as an encourager. Not in the sense of "It's a great day! Put a smile on your face." No, I want to be known as someone who says things to people that help them to reframe their futures.

So I add that to "taking each thought captive" and to prayer becoming as natural as breathing.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Nothing focuses my prayers better than moments I experience God's grace anew. I realize I am washed in His mercy every moment but there are periods in time where I feel like I get another bucket of grace dropped on my head for some stupid thing I've done. It's those times where I really feel the most connected in prayer to God. I want to make the connection every time I pray, not in waves.