Wednesday, December 05, 2007

New Men's Class Tonight

Tonight I will begin leading the men's discussion class at our church again. This class has grown to where we fill every chair in the room. One of our elders has been leading the discussion since September. I was asked last week to pick it up for a while. I am a little anxious to see if the material will go over well. It's called "Being God's man in tough times" -- and the Scripture study comes from the life of David.
_______________

Last night was our Widow/Widowers Banquet. I love watching our young people interact with our senior members. We need to foster that dynamic on a more consistent basis. The ladies who put the banquet on did a beautiful job, as usual.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

So I guess lot's of kids talked to you last night (senior members...get it?).

I've come to love the life of David. For me, it's a study of the hope I have. David's life is too familiar in many ways yet it gives me so much hope that I too can return to God when I wander and He is gladly accepting me back.

Rick Ross said...

Jeff,

Funny guy. I am laughing so hard.

(Don't give up your day job)

Josh Ross said...

I hope the study goes well.