Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy New Year!

My blog has a new look, thanks to my daughter-in-law, Kayci. She and Truitt have been staying with us for several days, and she set me up with a new template that will allow me to post pictures and have links. Thank you, Kayci!

We have had a wonderful Christmas with our family here. Last Monday morning we took the kids (our three kids and their spouses) to Denton to the Mall. We gave them each some money and had them draw names. We challenged them to spend the money on that person, and the one coming closest to the dollar amount without going over won. They had about 35 minutes. So, Beverly and I babysat while they all took off. It was great! Jonathan won -- he spent within three cents.

While we were watching the grandkids, an elderly man came up to me and said, "You are really blessed." I said, "Yes, sir. I am." He said, "I watched you with your family a few minutes ago. I hope you know how blessed you are." I thanked him for making my day. I have thought about him saying that many times over the last week.

2007 was a good year for my family and my church. But here is hoping that 2008 will be filled with even greater things for the kingdom. Happy New Year to all!

No comments: