Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Recapping Last Night

Last night, my mother-in-law and father-in-law asked me over for supper. Pork roast and gravy, potatoes, corn bread, cream corn and cake and ice cream. And the doctor is wanting me to come in for a follow-up blood pressure and cholesterol check. I think I better wait a while.
____________________

When I got home, I went to change the sheets on the bed (Beverly, your favorite sheets are waiting for when you get home). I turned on "Deal Or No Deal" while I changed them (I am probably the slowest sheet-changer in the world). The man who has been dubbed "the Subway Hero" was on as a contestant (Remember him? He was the one who saw a guy fall onto the tracks and jumped down and covered him while the subway went over them). He got up to where the offer was pretty substantial -- but he only had one large amount (1 million) on the board and kept going anyway. Then he lost that. I don't know what he ended up with, but it couldn't have been much. I was hoping for a different ending.
____________________

"24" ended as less of a cliffhanger than in the past. However, it did leave several story lines open. Who thinks Jack's dad is really dead? I have a feeling that he and that computer card are both still alive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Felt bad for Subway Hero. Turned down $309,000.

-Josh

Anonymous said...

A perfect example of greed overcoming the smallest shred of wisdom. Reminded me of many of the teachings in Proverbs.

Jeff said...

I can't help but believe he is still alive somewhere. Maybe with Chang in custody, he will give them the info to chase down Dad Bauer.

Bev Ross said...

Tough Deal or No Deal to watch - at least he got a cool car. 24 was way cool - do we really have to wait until January?????