Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Comic Criminals

I love reading about silly things criminals do. Here are a couple I came across this morning:

1. Richard and Stephanie North were arrested in April and charged with taking a big-screen TV from an appliance store in Middletown, N.Y. Police had stopped their car on suspicion because a rear door was propped open to accommodate the huge TV set sticking out of the back seat.

2. Richard Costello, 29, was arrested in Clearwater, Fla., in May and charged with stealing motorcycle parts after police recovered photos of the parts, which they suspect were snapped by Costello. At the bottom of each photo, the photographer's bare toes are visible and display the tattoos "white" and "trash," matching Costello's own tattooed toes.

I guess I like reading / hearing about such things because it makes me feel smarter. But this morning, I was reminded that God and the hosts of heaven probably grin when they watch me bumble through life, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will enjoy this. Recently one of our church family members had their house burglarized. A lot of electronic equipment was taken, including some digital cameras. When recovered, a camera had been used by the thieves to inventory their "take" and to take some pictures of themselves. No Ph.D's in that group.

Liz Moore said...

I enjoy reading these types of things too. And I'm sure God gets a good chuckle out of some of the things I do as well. At least our laughs are on the right side of the law. :)