Friday, June 02, 2006

Life is Like a Book

I'm reading Donald Miller's book, Through Painted Deserts. In the introduction he says this: "every person . . . has to change like seasons; they have to or they die. The seasons remind me that I must keep changing, and I want to change because it is God's way."

He then compares our lives to a book. He says, "soon you will be in that part of the book where you are holding the bulk of the pages in your left hand, and only a thin wisp of the story in your right. You will konw by the page count, not by the narrative, that the Author is wrapping things up."

Things like that catch my attention more at this point in my life. I recognize that I probably have more pages read than I do left to read. But at this point in my life, instead of that getting me down -- I feel invigorated to make sure that I am where the Author wants me to be whenever it comes to to "wrap things up." Life is such a blessed challenge.

3 comments:

Liz Moore said...

What a great thought! It really makes you look at life a little differently and make sure you are living it so the best is yet to come in your spiritual walk. Sounds like a book I need to go and get. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Some good, meaty stuff to chew on this past week - "A Heart Matter," "Making the Most of Today," and today's post, but especially A Heart Matter.

Anonymous said...

It seems that that my transformation into a new creation will never be complete anymore than the restoration of Christ's church will ever been completed. Looks like change is here to stay.