Friday, December 11, 2009

Of Such is the Kingdom of Heaven

Today is National Grandparent Brag Day (Just kidding. Actually, that is every day.) There have been several incidents lately involving my oldest three grandkids that I want to brag about. I'll go from oldest to youngest.

Malaya was with her mom and dad in San Antonio this summer. They had gone to eat at La Marguerita in the Market Square, and when they finished, they had boxed up what was left to take back to the hotel with them. As they walked back to their hotel, they had passed some street people. So when they got to the hotel room, they decided to go back out and find someone to give their food to. As they were about to leave, Malaya remembered that they had brought some homemade cookies for the family to enjoy on the trip. She put them in with the food. I LOVE that!

Next is Jed. Yesterday I talked to him on the phone. I had heard that he (3 years old) had decided what he wants to be when he grows up. So I asked him. He said, "A builder." His daddy said, "Tell Grampy why you want to be a builder." Jed said (this was not prompted by his parents), "So people without houses can have one." I LOVE that, too!

Finally, Truitt. Truitt is my 2-year old Memphis grandson. This was on his daddy's Twitter a week or so ago:

Truitt's prayer tonight at dinner, "God, thank you for day...Memphis...the poor...and food. Amen." This world can't hold prayers like that."

Josh, I agree! As Jesus said, "Of such is the kingdom of heaven."


1 comment:

Bev Ross said...

What awesome parents these kids have! I am so proud of them! and I love those kids! Thanks for sharing such precious stories!