Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bits and Pieces

I go through seasons where I know today what I will blog on the next couple of days. Right now, I am not there.
____________________

I got to play golf yesterday afternoon. The wind started picking up as I neared the end. I finished about 4 PM, comfortable in short sleeves. By the time I got home, the temperature was dropping. This morning, it's in the upper 20s. Fireplace tonight!
____________________

I feel like a child at Christmas as it approaches. It used to be that I looked forward to opening presents. I am anxiously awaiting it right now because my grandkids will begin arriving within a week! I can't wait!
____________________

I know there is no way that an NFL head coach can be lacking in intelligence. So I have to assume that Wade Phillips does a good job of acting clueless.
____________________

Although the Heisman turned out the way I had figured, it seems somewhat unfair the way it was presented Saturday night that by having two candidates from the same conference hurts those candidates. This happened to McCoy and Suh. In fact, one could argue that Suh singlehandedly cost McCoy the Heisman in two ways: 1. By totally dominating him in Texas' game against Nebraska, and 2. By taking Big 12 votes away from him.

I look forward to watching Suh on Sundays.
____________________

I know most of you don't care, but I am wondering what is going to happen to pro golf without Tiger. Love him or hate him, his fellow competitors are going to find out how much his presence added money to their pockets. I heard a pro golfer interviewed yesterday, and he admitted that Tiger's presence had put his kids through college.

As much as I enjoy the game, I will probably drop my extended package on Directv -- which is the only way to get the Golf Channel. There just aren't that many guys I am drawn to watch on Thursday's and Friday' rounds, which is what the Golf Channel covers.


3 comments:

Jeff said...

I'll be surprised if Tiger isn't back sooner rather than later but his absence will hurt golf tournaments and some level of interest in the sport.

Ingram and Tebow are both from the same conference too but they have the East Coast bias thing working for them - in my opinion. Just to work on your wording, Suh didn't dominate Colt, he dominated the offensive line and Colt was the recipient of Suh's power.

Rick Ross said...

True

Josh Ross said...

Suh went up against Hall who is an AP 3rd Team All-American and he threw him around like a rag doll. The joke following the game was that NU should have inserted an offensive play in which Suh lines up at fullback, and when the ball is snapped he picks up the QB Lee and slings him for a 5 yd gain. He tossed McCoy a good 7 yrds that one time.

As for golf and Tiger...I will not watch golf until he returns. No one else gives me a reason to watch. When Tiger returns, I'll watch every shot.