Monday, June 09, 2008

Finding God

It's US Open week!  Yeah, buddy.  I wonder if Tiger will be ready?  I would love to see it come down to him and Phil on Sunday afternoon.
____________________

I heard something interesting on GMA this morning.  Did you know that since Gerald Ford, every president except one has been left handed?  That's right.  Carter, Reagan, Bush, Sr., Clinton.  And the two candidates for this year?  Both left handed.  What's with that?
____________________

I am trying to become more of a reader.  My son Josh reads a book a week it seems.  I absolutely love to read, so this should come easily.

I have begun a book that I have wanted to read for years.  I love Philip Yancey.  He just seems to put on paper the thoughts that I am struggling with.  I've read nearly everything of his except perhaps his best-seller, Disappointment with God.  So far, it is one of the best books I have ever read.  I will keep it close for re-reading.

In the 1st chapter, "God Within the Shadows," he begins with this quote from Annie Dillard.  I have been chewing on it since I read it Friday night:

"You do not have to sit outside in the dark.  If, however, you want to look at the stars, you will find that darkness is required.  The stars neither require it nor demand it."

Wow!  That is SO true of God.  Think about it.   

1 comment:

Bev Ross said...

I love hearing your book quotes! Can't wait to hear more!