Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Political Correctness -- Bah, Humbug!

I read with interest the other day about a woman who worked for one of the airlines as a ticket agent. She wore a cross around her neck. Her employer asked that she remove it or put it inside her clothing. She continued to wear it outside. The woman was terminated for her actions.

The same airline allows Moslems to wear head coverings and Hindus to wear turbans. I don't know what to make of it. Is being a Christian the only faith that is not protected by "political correctness" today? Where is the ACLU to protect this woman's freedom of speech and expression?

It also makes me sad to see the greeting "Merry Christmas" disappearing from this time of year -- because someone might get offended. I'm sad because I remember how much I enjoyed school during the Christmas season, and today's children will never experience that. Now it is a celebration of winter. A celebration of winter? Yes, sir. I bet winter ranks right up there as everyone's favorite time of year.

Things like this make me long for "the old days." Some day I'll tell you about when I used to have to walk five miles to school uphill both ways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree about the woman who was fired. It's funny (not actually funny, but sad) how political correctness only seems to apply if it affects certain people. As for Merry Christmas, I agree about that as well. We still believe in Merry Christmas around here too! And that will never change in our family. Christmas is one of our favorite times of the year. As for the walking up hill in the snow thing, you aren't that much older than me and we are too young to have done that :) That's more our grandparents. Black and white TV's, no remote controls or cell phones, albums and 8 track tapes ... that's more our generation :) MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family!!

Unknown said...

The aroma of Christ: the fragrance of life to those who are being saved, the smell of death to those who are perishing (2 Cor 2).

Good points about Muslims and Hindus. Very good question about the ACLU. I despise the ACLU, they nauseate me. Probably one of the most godless organizations in the world. A tool of Satan.

What airline was it?

Merry Christmas!