Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Movies

I spent Friday and Saturday shopping with my favorite person in the world. Beverly is -- without a doubt -- the most delightful person I have ever been around. We had a really good time.

____________________

Today we hope to find out what our 3rd grandchild will be. I am predicting a girl.

____________________

My kids will faint when they read this. Last night, we let Molly sleep in the bed with us. Talk about a snuggler! Every time I turned, she would move in to take any available space. She is a sweet puppy!

____________________

There have been a number of Christmas movies made throughout the years. Just off the top of my head, there is Miracle on 34th Street, White Christmas, A Christmas Carol, A Christmas Story, Home Alone (and all its sequels), The Santa Clause (and its sequels), A Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman and Prancer. I know I am leaving out many.

I confess that I have never watched all of Miracle on 34th Street. I have heard it is great. Also, I have never watched all of A Christmas Story. I have started to -- but it just didn't hook me. I know many people say it is great.

I think one of the really great stories of all time is Dickens' A Christmas Carol. But my all-time favorite Christmas movie (one of my favorite all-time any-kind-of movie) I did not list above. It is It's a Wonderful Life.

So, that's my vote for all-time favorite Christmas movie: 1. It's a Wonderful Life, and 2. A Christmas Carol.

What is your vote?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This weekend Dianne and I went to see "The Nativity Story." It was WOW good! A sure DVD purchase.

Unknown said...

1. It's a Wonderful Life

2. A Christmas Story

Probably one of my all time favorite movie chuckles is in "A Chritmas Story" It's not hilariously funny, but everytime I see it, it makes me chuckle...year after year.

If you haven't seen the end of the movie, you won't get this.

"Deck the harrs with bows of hawrry, fah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah. Tis the season to be jawry, fah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah rah." I don't know why that scene cracks me up, but it does. But then again, I have a weird sense of humor.:)

Bev Ross said...

What about Preacher's Wife???? and the movie with Roma Downey? and the American Girl movies????

Anonymous said...

I can't think of a "Christmas" movie that stands out other than the one I saw last. "The Polar Express" has its moments.

Anonymous said...

Last year I purcased "White Christmas" on DVD to share with the kids. Some of my favorite memories are watching movies with my mother-in-law, Glenda on the big bed. This was one we watched for many years, until the kids grew up and took over the bed and the TV. I think I need to pack it this year.