Monday, November 22, 2010

I'll Praise You in the Storm



9 months. Oh, God -- the pain is still SO intense.
_______________

How have I missed this truth from Scripture for so long? The peace and joy of the Lord, and intimacy of relationship, come through the door of a thankful heart. And even in the valley of the shadow of death, a Christ-follower has reason to be thankful.

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
Habakkuk 3: 17-19

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving season!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Comforting reminder, thanks. Have you listened to the song by Casting Crowns with that title?