Monday, August 30, 2010

Coming Attractions

This week should be an exciting one. I am finishing up a 4-week series on baptism, and anticipating beginning a series on the Fruit of the Spirit. Also, our Bible class quarter changes with next week. I will be teaching Church History 2, beginning with Martin Luther. And on Wednesday nights, the men's class will be sharing from Francis Chan's Crazy Love, and I will be leading that discussion.

Further, our Houston grandkids are here this week with their mom. So much fun!

And tomorrow, I have been invited to play in a golf scramble at Cowboys. That is always a treat. So, it will be an action-packed week.
____________________

I know preseason football doesn't mean anything, but surely die-hard Cowboy fans have to be wondering what is going on. After all, Jerry Jones says this is a Super Bowl-bound team. And we all know that when Jerry speaks, you can take it to the bank.

Come to think of it, has there been a team over the last 15 years that Jerry didn't think was at least playoff bound?
____________________

It's hard to think football when it's 98 degrees outside. But it's here! High schools began last weekend, and colleges kick it off this week. I love Fall Saturdays, when I can get up and do a little work and then by afternoon sit down to watch football. I usually double-task (as I do when I am watching any sports), but there is just something about the atmosphere of it.

Go Frogs!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi Rick! I, too am a football fanatic! My true sports loves are high school and college football. I don't tend to care too much about the NFL. My two favorite seasons, Fall and football are about to get revved up and I couldn't be more ready.

I met your Jonathan yesterday after worship as well. He was wonderful, just as I expected! I've been so blessed by your family!