Beverly and I returned yesterday afternoon from Abilene where we attended Summit (once known as Lectureship). It was really good this year -- with the keynotes all from Romans. Of course, Beverly his a homerun with her class, and my daughter-in-law, Kayci, taught an excellent class as well.
I went to a class on Amos that was outstanding. I am only now becoming convicted as to how important justice is in Scripture. As was pointed out in the class, when Scripture speaks about justice, it is not in the sense of punishment for crime. Rather it is about concern for the plight of our "neighbor." It is about concern for the poor and fair treatment of the "have-nots" as well as the "haves."
How have we missed that emphasis? "I desire mercy, not sacrifice." "You should tithe, but what is more important is justice, mercy and faithfulness." "Away with your religious rituals . . . let justice roll like the rivers."
Jeff Jones sent me the following:
Subject: TOP 10 PREDICTIONS NO MATTER WHO WINS THE ELECTION
1. The Bible will still have all the answers.
2. Prayer will still work.
3. The Holy Spirit will still move.
4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.
5. There will still be God-anointed teaching
6. There will still be singing of praise to God.
7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.
8. There will still be room at the Cross.
9. Jesus will still love you.
10. Jesus will still save the lost.
ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL?!!!!