Thursday, October 14, 2004

Just Do It!

We read the words of Jesus and marvel. As those who heard him said, "No one ever spoke the way this man does." I'll bet people said, "I could sit and listen to him talk for hours."

But guess what: Jesus said that the wise person is the one who heards his words -- and puts them into practice. Now we're talking a whole different dimension. Because you know what? Jesus said some really tough things -- things that are upside down from the norm. Things like "don't murder people in your heart," "don't commit adultery in your heart," "be a person of your word," "don't take vengeance," "love your enemies and do good to them."

Great ethical teachings. Teachings we would love to see other people put into practice. But it all begins with me. God, give me a heart and a will to put into practice the teachings of your Son. Let me live a radical life for you!

No comments: