This morning I just want to take a few minutes to share with you some things I am thankful for:
- I'm thankful that I was able to get out of bed this morning feeling no different than I did when I was 20 (other than my sciatica -- but that's OK!).
- I'm thankful that when I went to the bathroom to start shaving, I had hot water in just seconds.
- I'm thankful that the 1st face I saw this morning is the face of an angel. Her name is Beverly, and she is the greatest blessing I have in this life.
- I'm thankful for the other angel who shared my bed last night -- even though her feet were digging into my armpit at 6:30. I didn't see her face because it was under the covers. Malaya has brought so much joy to me. She is a real treasure.
- I'm thankful for my three incredible children -- and their awesome spouses. I know of no other reward in life that could match having six adult children (yes, Josh qualifies as an adult -- at least according to the government) who are sold out to the Lord.
- I'm thankful for cool mornings alone with the Lord on a golf course. There are few places I feel more at peace.
- I'm thankful for the Lake Cities Church -- a place where I can worship God freely and be loved by others who share my faith.
- I'm thankful for friends who care.
- I'm thankful that the Yankees lost to Boston.
- I'm thankful for the memories of good Cowboys teams.
- I'm thankful that John Kerry will not be referred to as President John Kerry.
- I'm thankful for contemporary Christian music (particularly my boys, Stephen Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith). Their music refreshes my soul.
- I'm thankful that God has made food to taste so good. It's hard to beat a good meal shared in good company.
- I'm thankful for fireplaces. There is something very soothing about sitting in front of a fire.
- I'm thankful for good movies. I even enjoy chick flicks -- so long as my chick is beside me.
- I'm thankful for two good cars and a really nice house.
- Of course, most of all I am thankful to God (Father, Son and Spirit). He continues to amaze me with his faithfulness and grace. I am so grateful that I get to spend my life here on earth in pursuit of Him.
Well, this could go on and on. Here's praying that you have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.