Thursday, November 04, 2004

Homecoming Weekend

Saturday, Beverly and I will be heading for Crockett, a beautiful little town in East Texas. The church there was the 1st one I served as a full-time minister. We return there a couple of times a year because it is still like home. The 5 years we spent there were really special, and the friendships we made are life-long ones.

We are returning for the 35th anniversary and homecoming of the Grace Street Church of Christ, which is where I served. In conjunction with their homecoming, they are going to hold a revival, and have asked me to speak for it. I am excited. Their pot-lucks are unbelievable! But I also know that we will be encouraged, and that we will encourage -- and that feels right and good.

Pray for us -- that the Lord will use us to minister and bless. I'll be blogging again soon.

No comments: