Thursday, June 30, 2011

What a Trip!

Beverly and I returned home late Tuesday night from our incredible trip. We are still feeling jet-lagged, and I am dealing with another issue as well. I was on some medication that has caused me to have the hiccups. I'm talking for up to 4-1/2 hours at a time! Whew! Hopefully it will be out of my system by Sunday, because once they start I can't carry on a conversation.

We were able to visit the cities of Rome, Athens and Jerusalem. We saw the ruins of the great cities of Ephesus, Corinth and Pompeii. We toured the islands of Crete and Rhodes, and the beautiful coastline of Italy. We enjoyed quaint villages that I thought only existed in movies. It would be hard to pick out only the highlights of our trip. Probably gelato -- both Italian and Greek (they each claim to have invented it). It is awesome! Unlike any American ice cream.

Can't wait to share more about our trip in coming days. It will forever shape the way I see the Biblical text.

No comments: