Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thunder Collapses, Rangers Thunder, and Other Weather News

OK, so I'm not a rabid Mavs fan. I do like this team a lot, and I watch the games, but usually while I am reading a Western. I'm just in general not a huge team sports guy anymore.

So last night, with 5 minutes left in the game and the Mavs down by 15, my eyes were getting heavy. So I turned off the TV and went to sleep.

Imagine my surprise when I went out and got the paper this morning! Mavs win in overtime! Wow! Dirk is playing like he is on a mission.

My youngest son and I have a little humorous thing going. He keeps trying to get me to say I like Shaun Marion. Sorry. And while he is getting kudos for the block of Durant's desperation shot at the end of regulation, I think it was a poor choice in seeing the replay. Even in the replay, I could see that he could have easily been called for a foul. It wasn't, but I have seen lesser defense called a foul. The chances of Durant making that shot were very slim. But a foul would have meant a certain OKC victory.

Will the Mavs wrap it up tomorrow night in big D?

And how about the Rangers? Two straight complete games from their starters. And Hamilton and Cruz came back in style -- both hitting homeruns. It reminds us of what we have been missing. Hopefully, they can get on a winning trend now.
_______________

Another tragedy -- this time in Joplin, Missouri. I never cease to be amazed at the devastation left in the wake of a tornado -- taking only seconds to destroy a lifetime.

Here in Decatur, we are under a severe storm warning today. Let's pray that nothing serious develops.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I should have gone to the game on Monday instead of Tuesday but I wouldn't have had the opportunity to hang out below the stadium and outside the Rangers clubhouse waiting out a tornado. Liked the way Hamilton and Cruz came back.

The tornado devastation is hard to watch and harder to imagine. I hope the people there can find peace in a time of struggles.

Rick Ross said...

Jeff,

You were there last night? That must have been wild!

I realized after I wrote my blog that actually we didn't have two complete games by starting pitchers. Sunday's starter only went 8-1/3, I believe.