Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My "Jenny Song"



Let me clear something up here. I was not arrested for possession yesterday. That is another Rick Ross. People often get us mixed up (even more so since I have grown a beard).
________________________________

Yesterday afternoon I went to play golf in Muenster -- nearly an hour away. As I drove, I decided to listen to Stephen Curtis Chapman. I haven't listened to him in a long time, although he is my favorite Contemporary Christian artist. I put his "Speechless" CD in (which in my own limited and humble opinion is the best CD ever). I thoroughly enjoyed hearing "Dive" and "Speechless" again. But as the CD got toward the end, a song came on that I had forgotten about. It overwhelmed me! The words are PERFECT in describing Jenny and our grief journey. So I have now adopted it as my "Jenny song."

Here are the words to "With Hope" -- but you might want to google it and actually listen to it:

This is not at all how we thought it was supposed to be
We had so many plans for you
We had so many dreams
And now you've gone away
And left us with the memories of your smile
And nothing we can say
And nothing we can do
Can take away the pain
The pain of losing you, but ...

We can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
(There's a place by God's grace)
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again

And never have I known anything so hard to understand
And never have I questioned more
The wisdom of God's plan
But through the cloud of tears
I see the Father smile and say well done
And I imagine you
Where you wanted most to be
Seeing all your dreams come true
'Cause now you're home
And now you're free, and ...

We can cry with hope
We can say goodbye with hope
'Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
And we can grieve with hope
'Cause we believe with hope
(There's a place by God's grace)
There's a place where we'll see your face again
We'll see your face again

We have this hope as an anchor
'Cause we believe that everything
God promised us is true, so ...

So we can cry with hope
And say goodbye with hope

We wait with hope
And we ache with hope
We hold on with hope
We let go with hope



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, which picture is you? Second, that is an amazing song. You gave me that CD several years ago and I listen to it often.

Kristen said...

That is a beautiful song. I am glad you shared it. Hope really is the key. It makes all the difference.

Anonymous said...

Can you recommend a very good Christian grief counselor? I don't know you guys personally, but have followed your blog and your grief journey. I prayed for Jenny continuously. I am carrying a big grief load myself and could use a good recommendation. Thank you, and my prayers are still with you.....

Jeff said...

Thank you for sharing that song.

I miss seeing you wear that suit on Sundays. It was always one of my favorites.

Rick Ross said...

Anonymous,

If you will email me at rross4@msn.com, I will give you some names and numbers of people I know. They are all in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Unknown said...

Its amazing how many of SCC's songs can be just right for the time in your life.