Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Peace in Chaos


These are difficult times in which we live. Our government is past broke. Inflation seems to be rearing its ugly head. Moslems are keeping the world on edge.

Current problems always appear to be bigger than problems that have been worked through -- or problems that past generations faced. Maybe that is inherent in us to keep us from becoming complacent.

But THIS I do know. After telling His disciples that He is about to leave them, and then promising the indwelling Holy Spirit, Jesus said (John 16: 33, emphasis mine) "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have PEACE. In this world you WILL HAVE trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

I am resting in that peace with everything I have.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Me too!

Jeff said...

I don't want trouble but it sure seems to find me. I'm thankful I'm finally learning to turn to God to walk me through the troubling times.