Wednesday, June 16, 2010

An Exciting Day!

Today is an exciting day for me. Beverly and I are heading to Houston where I will speak at Bammal Road Church of Christ tonight. Of course, we also get to spend some time with our Houston grandkids.

But the highlight will be after I speak tonight. Malaya, my oldest granddaughter, is in Houston already. And tonight she wants her Grampy to baptize her!

Interesting: Her Grammy was 10 when she was baptized. And I had the honor of baptizing her mom on August 21, 1988 (Beverly and my 12th anniversary). She was also 10. I am confident that Malaya will mature into the spiritual giant that her Grammy and mommy did.

I don't know for sure what Heaven is like. I do know that Scripture says there is rejoicing in Heaven at an event such as tonight's. So I picture my precious daughter, Jenny, rounding up a party in Heaven right now (she always was the organizer). I can't imagine anything that would make her more proud than this.

4 comments:

Art said...

Amen, Rick it is an exciting day.
God bless you and yours...

Jeff said...

Hallelujah. What a great night for the kingdom of God and the Ross/Bizallion clan.

Lauren said...

Wow what a precious and exciting day this is! I'm praying for all of you. Bless you, Malaya!

Jo Whitehurst said...

Rejoicing with you and your precious family!!